Pros and Cons of A Tankless System In Toronto and GTA
Ultimately the choice to employ either a conventional water heater or a tankless system is up to you the home owner; we are simply stating some of the facts so you and others can make their own informed decision. Yes sometimes a tankless is not the right choice, but, in many instances it can be a great alternative that will provide a home owner a significant savings on their energy bill. Please review the pros and cons of a tankless and decide if you would be interested in seeing if a system can be installed in your home.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
- A Tankless water heater can use 46% less energy than your conventional tank type water heater (this statistic is from the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation). See Full Report
- A tankless provides unlimited hot water for up to 3 appliances simultaneously during the coldest winter temperatures.
- The life expectance of a tankless is double that of a conventional tank
- Small size enables the system to be hung on the wall.
- Reduced risk of water damage as the system does not store a large quantity of water.
- Ability to remotely control temperature significantly reducing any risk of scalding
- No water storage removes the risk of legionnaires disease that plagues conventional storage tank water heaters.
Cons of a Tankless Water Heater
- Higher initial costs for the water heater, you can expect about $1000 more to purchase a tankless.
- Some manufactures still haven’t completely eliminated the “cold water sandwich” that a tankless can produce.
- To maintain incredibly high efficiency a Tankless does require more maintenance than a conventional tank.
- Vent codes are more stringent and can cause installation issues in some instances.
And there it is, the primary pros and cons of a tankless water heater, this is by no means an exhaustive list, please feel free to let us know if we should add any.
To schedule a quote on a tankless water heater or conventional storage tank water heater withing Toronto or the Golden Horseshoe, call (647) 925-1930 or use our online form.