UPDATE: Due to the huge number of complaints and customer loss Direct Energy has cancelled its contract changes – BUT If you’re still interested in owning your water heater and skipping all these issues Call 647-925-1930
Direct Energy Moves Deadline
Apparently masses of Direct Energy customers are showing their frustrations and have forced a change to the contract change deadline, you now have until to May 1, 2012 to opt out of the new contract.
Your Direct Energy Choice
- Call or Email Direct Energy and opt out of the new contract and your existing one will continue to be considered lawful. 1-866-202-1120 or email@example.com
- Do nothing and you will automatically be moved to the new contract which has a cancellation fee calculated according to hot water tanks age and type. Fees range from $100 and up.
I feel that old saying “the straw that broke the camel’s back” really applies to this situation. Direct Energy is was one of the few reputable companies competing in the water heater rental business. The water heater rental business is on the tipping point as customers are getting fed up with hidden costs and questionable tactics. For Direct Energy to try and quietly pull this on their customer is the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Get Out Of Your Contract and Own Your Water Heater
- Power Vent 40 gallon tank $1395 installed and vented – Old tank will also be drained, removed, and returned to Direct Energy or appropriate company.
- Power Vent 50 gallon tank $1495 installed and vented – Old tank will also be drained, removed, and returned to Direct Energy or appropriate company.
- Conventional vent tank drain, removed and returned will be even cheaper.
- Tankless upgrade! venting has different restriction and thus we offer free pre inspections to verify installation in your home.
- Call for any question 647-925-1930